2023 Summer Scholarships
Barry County students entering grades 9-12 in the 2023/24 school year are invited to apply.
Application period: March 1st-April 5th
The Sue Drummond Arts Education Scholarship Program is open to Barry County students entering 9th through 12th grades in the following school year. This program offers financial assistance to students pursuing summer arts opportunities.
Scholarships may be awarded to students who reside or attend school in Barry County and will enter grades 9-12 in the 2023/24 school year.
• Application period: March 1st – April 5th
• Audition notification: Week of April 17th
• Auditions: Week of May 1st
• Scholarship notification: Week of May 8th
Proposed summer study must be at an accredited school, such as Interlochen or Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp. Eligible courses of study include visual arts, music, theater, creative writing, dance, sculpture, filmmaking, and more. Scholarship funds are not intended for private lessons or for the purchase of instruments or supplies. Study is not restricted to Michigan.
Students may request up to seventy-five percent of the cost of the program, though the scholarship committee reserves the right to exceed that amount. Scholarships are competitive and limited.
Students applying for the Sue Drummond Arts Education Scholarship must…
- Complete the online application
- Submit a reference letter from a relevant professional (e.g. an art teacher, a private music instructor)
- Submit supplemental application materials (e.g. a brief performance video or a portfolio)
- If selected, participate in a brief in-person audition and interview