MCACA Minigrants are back!
The State of Michigan Minigrant Program is a partnership between MCACA and fifteen regional re-granting agencies throughout the state. For our Barry County artists and arts organizations, our regional re-granting agency is LowellArts!
Deadline to Apply: August 3, 2021
Questions: Email Lorain Smalligan
Two opportunities are available to address local arts and cultural needs as well as increasing public access to arts and culture:
1. Arts Project Minigrants provide up to $4,000 for production, presentation, and creation of arts and culture that promotes public engagement, diverse and excellent art, life-long learning in the arts, and the strengthening or livability of communities through locally developed arts and culture.
2. Professional / Organizational Development Minigrant (POD) provide up to $1,500 to assist non-profit arts and cultural organizations, artists, arts administrators, and arts educators with opportunities that specifically improves their management and/or brings the artist or the arts organization to another level artistically. In addition, the Minigrant POD program provides Michigan and individual Michigan artists/arts administrators/arts professionals a presence at national conferences and workshops.
Who Can Apply
You are able to apply for both the Arts Projects Minigrant and the POD Minigrant. Eligible individuals and nonprofit organizations include (but are not limited to):
- Individual Artists (POD Grants only)
- Service organizations
- Arts organizations
- Parks and Recreational organizations
- Professional associations
- Public and Non-public schools
- Cities, Townships, and Villages