2021 Jazz Festival Information
The 17th Annual TAC Jazz Festival will take place in downtown Hastings on April 29-May 1. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the following safety measures will be implemented for the 2021 festival:
- Only middle and high school big bands will be accepted. No choirs, combos, adult, or college groups will be invited to perform.
- If participating groups are uncomfortable with giving an in-person performance, a virtual performance option will be provided.
- There will be no headlining performances.
- All performances will take place outside at either the Spray Plaza or the Thornapple Plaza.
- All safety measures mandated by the governor, health department, or other governing body will be observed.
We look forward to bringing the music back at the 17th Annual TAC Jazz Festival!
Started in 2003, the Thornapple Arts Council Jazz Festival has grown to be the largest jazz festival of its kind, matching more student groups and performers to professional jazz musicians through its clinician program than any other festival in the state. This non-competitive festival puts education and jazz promotion and appreciation at its core. The festival draws over 10,000 people each year and provides a weekend of free jazz performances to the public, as well as the chance for student groups from Michigan and the surrounding states to work with professional musicians.