As we get closer to our September 1st semester start date, please be aware that the following measures will be observed to help ensure the safety of our staff and students:
- Lessons will be offered both in person at the Community Music School and virtually via Zoom. Students and parents can choose the method of instruction with which they are most comfortable.
- All in-person lessons will be one on one. No group lessons will be offered.
- Masks or face shields will be required in all common areas. Masks can be removed once in the classroom, as classrooms will be rearranged to allow students and teachers to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- Teachers will wipe down classrooms between each lesson. Thorough cleaning will take place daily. Hand sanitizer will be available.
- The number of people in the common areas will be limited. Not more than one person may accompany a student to the school.
Due to the ever shifting nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, these measures are subject to change. As state guidelines and recommendations continue to evolve, HCMS will continually update its approach to safety. We look forward to making music with you again soon!
For more information, call or text 269-948-9441 or visit the HCMS Facebook page. The HCMS office is located on the lower level of Ace Hardware.
200 S Boltwood Hastings, MI 49058
To keep the music happening this summer, the Hastings Community Music School teachers are creating instructional videos to share.