[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”][vc_row full_width=”” parallax=”” parallax_image=””][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_single_image image=”144″ alignment=”center” border_color=”grey” img_link_large=”” img_link_target=”_self” img_size=”full”][vc_column_text]The Thornapple Arts Council is hosting a Christmas in July Artist Market for art and fine crafts to be held on Saturday, July 11 from 10 am to 4 pm. The event will be held indoors in Leason Sharpe Hall of the Barry Community Enrichment Center (231 S. Broadway, Hastings, MI)
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: MONDAY JUNE 29[/vc_column_text][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner el_class=”” width=”1/2″][vc_column_text]
- Artists are provided free coffee and water throughout the day.
- Booth sitters.
- The Thornapple Arts Council promotes the festival through advertisements in several local publications, by direct mail, on social media, signs and posters.
- Artists retain all proceeds from sales.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner el_class=”” width=”1/2″][vc_column_text]
- A committee made up of Arts Council staff, board members and community arts professionals selects artists based on submitted application and images using a blind jury process.
- The jury committee selects a diverse range of artists whose work is original, high-quality, and represents a variety of media and creative styles.
- Artist images should be representative of the work to be sold at the show.
Original Art in the following categories will be considered:
- Ceramics, Digital Art, Fiber, Floral, Glass, Jewelry, Leather, Metal, Mixed Media, Painting/Drawing, Photography, Printmaking, Sculpture, Soap and Skin Care, Wood, Other.
- No commercially mass produced items will be accepted.
Digital artwork and photographs must use artist’s own images and be signed and numbered editions.
- Fiber art includes: basketry, weaving, tapestry, embroidery, wearable and non-wearable items.
- No factory-produced wearable items, regardless of additional modification or enhancement by the artist, are allowed.
- Beads used in jewelry-making must be fabricated by the artist.
- Painting/Drawing – includes oils, acrylics, watercolors or dry media including chalk, charcoal, pastels, pencil, wax crayon etc.
Artist images should be representative of the work to be sold at the show. All work must be of original concept, design and execution and produced by the artist or artist collaboration. No commercially manufactured work and absolutely no buy/sell merchandise allowed or items made by embellishing commercially-made items (clothing, stencils, patterns, molds). We reserve the right to request removal of work that is inconsistent with submitted art and implied quality of workmanship.
Festival Sales Policy
Artists must be present in their booth for duration of the festival. Each artist is responsible for collection and payment of 6% Michigan Sales Tax.
- Single Booth – 10’ x 10’ (physical space of set-up) $30
Application fees should be paid on-line by credit card number through the online application.
- This fee will be refunded if your work is not accepted. Accepted artist will not have their fee refunded regardless of participation.
- Booths will have access to power. Vendors need power should supply extension cables and power strips as needed.
Online Registration Form